Fun with English - Learn it, Play it, Use it!
When school ends, EMS School Break Camp kicks into action to help children and teenagers stay active whilst having fun at learning English. So, if you’re looking for ways to engage your children in exciting educational and leisure experiences, we have just the program they need! Our School Break Camp has been carefully crafted to stir young learners’ interest in learning English in a creative, engaging and adventurous way that will give them a memorable school holiday.
The Young Learners School Break Program is designed to suit three different groups of learners:
|KIDS ENGLISH||Group 1: 6 to 8 year olds|
|TEENS ENGLISH||Group 2: 9 to 12 year olds|
|Group 3: 13 to 16 year olds|
This is a comprehensive two-week program, which provides:
4 hours of classroom learning and Practical English Learning (PEL)
Classroom – Reading Writing, Speaking and Grammar for 6 to 8 year olds
Lessons are designed to fully engage young starter learners, offering a range of daily activities aimed at developing their early communicative skills and boosting confidence. There is plenty of room for creative thinking through the use of puzzles and games. There will also be focus on reading and handwriting. All materials used are tailor-made for this age group, with lots of fun element to maximise participatory learning.
Practical English Learning (PEL) – for 9 to 12 and 13 to 16 year olds
A highly interactive and stimulating learning program which goes beyond the textbooks for students’ enjoyment and creative development, conducted in a relaxed and friendly setting. There are a number of English Clubs, which offer a range of activities, each running for 90 minutes:
The English Book Club:
Worried about your reading and comprehensive skills? Want to improve your vocabulary? Learn how to enjoy reading in English, and more importantly, develop the skills to discuss what you have read, so you may exchange stories and learn to express your opinions.
- A range of adventure, romantic, historical and family saga novels to choose from our well-stocked library.
- Learn reading techniques to help you enjoy reading
- Develop skills around extracting information, summarising, paraphrasing and discussing.
- Learn about other cultures and histories as you delve into books that take you to other worlds.
The English Debate Club:
Learning how to express your opinion to a group of people helps build your communication and critical thinking skills and develop confidence in teamwork. Through debates you:
- Learn how to organise and present ideas
- Improve your listening and learn to respond to other people’s opinions
- Expand your vocabulary and expressions that will help you to be persuasive and convincing
- Improve your ability to work with others in planning and presenting ideas and opinions collectively
- Build confidence in speaking publicly
- Learn new ideas and topics
- Make friends
The English Drama Club:
Performance art is a fun and creative way to learn English! One way to improve your speaking skills is through drama where you can:
- Express yourself in simulated conversations, using learnt words and phrases.
- Improve your vocabulary and understanding and use of common phrases by memorising lines from a script
- Develop creative skills, acting out real-life scenes.
- Explore cultural gestures, practices and expressions related to the English language
- Get physical and learn to interact expressively and freely in English
- The English Creative Writing Club:
- There is no better way to get confident in writing than to learn the secret of writing great scripts, poets and creative essays. Our experienced teachers will take you on a guided course of effective writing. You will learn to:
- Explore the fun in script-writing
- Learn how to brainstorm - develop and express your ideas and exchange views in pre-writing activities
- Create dialogues through team work, using various techniques, such as word banks, drawing, sketching, prompts and research
The English Game Club:
- Discover the fun and usefulness of the English language through games.
- Enjoy fun-packed activities, including, quizzes and competitions which will help you interact in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Increase motivation and reduce anxiety in learning through play time
- Get creative and co-operative – discover the benefits of learning through group work